Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since February 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R527. Human Services, Recovery Services.
Rule R527-3. Definitions.
As in effect on February 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R527-3-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R527-3-2. Definitions.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
1. The Department of Human Services is authorized to create rules necessary for the provision of social services by Section 62A-1-111 and 62A-11-107.
2. The purpose of this rule is to identify the terms and definitions used by the Office of Recovery Services/Child Support Services not currently defined by law.
1. Terms used in this title, R527, are defined in Section 62A-11-103, 62A-11-303, 62A-11-401, and 78B-14-102. In addition, the following terms are defined:
2. "ORS" means the Office of Recovery Services.
3. "ORSIS" means the Office of Recovery Services Computer Information System.
4. "BMC" means the Bureau of Medical Collections.
5. "CIC" means the Bureau for Children in Care.
6. "CSS" means Child Support Services.
7. "MSS" means Management Support Services.
8. "CSU" means the Customer Service Unit.
9. "BFS" means the Bureau of Financial Services.
10. "BET" means the Bureau of Electronic Technology.
11. "OT" means the Office of Technology.
12. "IV-D agency" refers to the state agency that administers a child support program under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act.
13. "IV-D recipient" refers to a person who receives IV-D services.
14. "IV-A" refers to Title IV-A of the Social Security Act.
15. "IV-A agency" refers to the state agency that administers a public entitlement program under Title IV-A of the Social Security Act.
16. "IV-A recipient" refers to a person who receives IV-A benefits.
17. "UIFSA" refers to Title 78B, Chapter 14 (Uniform Interstate Family Support Act) which replaces "URESA", Title 77, Chapter 31 (Uniform Reciprocal Enforcement of Support Act).
18. "AFDC" refers to the former Aid to Families with dependent children program.
19. "FEP" refers to the Family Employment Program which is funded by "TANF" (Federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).
20. "Pass-through payment" as used in R527-40-1(3) refers to the first $50 of the current support that ORS collected for a month in which the custodial parent received AFDC. The IV-A agency paid this amount to the AFDC household prior to March, 1997.
21. "IRS" refers to the Internal Revenue Service.
22. "TPL" means Third Party Liability.
23. "CP" means custodial parent.
24. "NCP" means non-custodial parent.
child support, welfare
November 10, 2009
December 13, 2016
62A-1-111; 62A-11-103; 62A-11-107; 62A-11-303; 62A-11-401; 78B-14-102
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R527, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Recovery Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.