Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R527. Human Services, Recovery Services.
Rule R527-35. Non-IV-A Fee Schedule.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R527-35-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R527-35-2. Non-IV-A Fee Schedule.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
1. The Department of Human Services is authorized to create rules necessary for the provision of social services by Section 62A-11-111. The Office of Recovery Services/Child Support Services (ORS/CSS) is authorized to adopt, amend, and enforce rules by Section 62A-11-107.
2. The purpose of this rule is to provide information regarding the ORS/CSS fee schedule for Non-IV-A cases which is authorized by Federal Regulations found at 45 CFR 302.33. ORS/CSS is responsible for utilizing fees as one method to finance any costs incurred pursuant to Section 62A-11-104. This rule outlines when a fee will be charged and the amount that will be assessed on a case that qualifies for a particular fee.
Pursuant to 45 CFR 302.33 (2010) the Office of Recovery Services may charge an applicant or recipient of child support services who is not receiving IV-A financial assistance or Medicaid, one or more fees for specific services. These fees are itemized below:
The following fees, which have been established by the federal government:
1. the Annual Collection Processing Fee for Child Support Services of $25. This fee is charged to the custodial parent who has never received cash assistance. The fee is retained from child support collected on behalf of the custodial parent after $500.00 has been collected within the one year period, October 1 through September 30 each year.
2. the full IRS enforcement fee of $122.50 is charged if a case qualifies for full IRS collection services, the obligee requests those services, and the amount of the child support obligation is certified for those services by the United States Secretary of the Treasury.
The following fees, which have been established by the Office:
1. a Parent Locator Service fee of $20.00. This fee is waived if the case was closed within the last 12 months for the reason CTF (cannot find the non-custodial parent) or AFC (non-custodial parent lives in a foreign jurisdiction);
2. the cost of genetic testing if the alleged father is excluded as the biological father;
3. an administrative fee of 6% of the payment amount each time a payment is processed, not to exceed $12.00 per month;
4. a fee of $25.00, to be paid at the time the obligor's federal tax refund is intercepted to offset a Non-IV-A support arrearage if the refund is $50.00 or more. If the refund is more than $25.00 but less than $50.00, the fee is the refund amount minus $25.00;
5. the Child Support Lien Network (CSLN) fee of $52.00, to be paid at the time the levy is processed.
July 22, 2016
November 16, 2015
45 CFR 302.33; 62A-11-104; 62A-11-107; 62A-11-111; 63J-1-504(2)(a)
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R527, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Recovery Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.