Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R527. Human Services, Recovery Services.
Rule R527-231. Review and Adjustment of Child Support Order.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R527-231-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R527-231-2. Review and Adjustment of Child Support Order.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
1. The Department of Human Services is authorized to create rules necessary for the provision of social services by Section 62A-1-111. The Office of Recovery Services is authorized to adopt, amend, and enforce rules as necessary by Section 62A-11-107.
2. The purpose of this rule is to provide details as to when the Office of Recovery Services/Child Support Services (ORS/CSS) may conduct a review of a Child Support Order. It specifies when a review will not be conducted and if a review has terminated, when an order may be reviewed again.
1. If the child is within one year of emancipation, ORS/CSS shall not be required to review the award for potential adjustment.
2. If the location of either parent is unknown, ORS/CSS shall not be required to review the support award for possible adjustment until both parents are located.
3. ORS/CSS shall pursue the setting of statutory child support guideline amounts in review and adjustment proceedings, based on the current and prospective incomes of the parties.
4. ORS/CSS shall pursue adjustment of a court order only for child support or medical support provisions. ORS/CSS shall not pursue modification of a court order for custody, visitation, property division or other non-child support related provisions.
5. If the parent requesting the review does not provide the necessary information for ORS/CSS to conduct the review, ORS/CSS shall send notice to the address on record for the requesting and non-requesting parents that the review process will be terminated unless the non-requesting parent requests that the review process continue.
6. If the review process is terminated, ORS/CSS shall not be required to review the order for a period of one year.
November 7, 2017
November 3, 2015
45 CFR 303.8; 62A-1-111; 62A-11-107; 62A-11-320.5; 62A-11-320.6; 78B-12-210
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R527, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Recovery Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.