Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R527. Human Services, Recovery Services.
Rule R527-253. Collection of Child Support Judgments.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R527-253-1. Purpose and Authority.
- R527-253-2. Collection of Child Support Judgments.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
1. The Office of Recovery Services (ORS) is authorized to create rules necessary for the provision of social services by Section 62A-11-107.
2. The purpose of this rule is to clarify that ORS has the authority to demand payment in full or to set or reset payment schedules to collect past-due support according to the interests of the state. It also provides a list of some of the legal remedies available to ORS to collect on a judgment.
1. The Office of Recovery Services/Child Support Services (ORS/CSS) may demand and collect immediate payment in full, or may demand and collect payments that will result in payment in full within a period of time that is deemed to meet the interests of the state in child support judgment matters.
2. ORS/CSS may collect a child support judgment through income withholding, liens, tax refund intercepts, and any other legal remedy available. Initiation of a particular remedy shall not limit ORS/CSS from initiating any other remedy at the same time.
administrative law, child support
October 23, 2012
December 14, 2016
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R527, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Recovery Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.