Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R527. Human Services, Recovery Services.
Rule R527-255. Substantial Change in Circumstances.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R527-255-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R527-255-2. Request for Review based on Substantial Change in Circumstances.
- R527-255-3. Duration of the Change in Circumstances.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
1. The Office of Recovery Services is authorized to adopt, amend, and enforce rules as necessary by Section 62A-11-107.
2. The purpose of this rule is to provide information about when a parent can request a review of the child support amount when a support order is less than three years old, and to identify what must be included for a request for review to be complete. The rule also defines when a change in circumstance is considered temporary or permanent.
1. A parent may request a less than three year review of a support order based on an alleged substantial change in circumstances. For the request to be complete, the parent must provide documentation of the alleged change at his/her own expense.
1. If the change in circumstances is projected to be temporary, defined as less than 12 months in duration, the office shall not initiate proceedings to adjust the award.
2. If the change in circumstances is projected to be long term or permanent, defined as 12 months or more in duration, the office shall initiate proceedings to adjust the award pursuant to Section 78B-12-210.
October 23, 2012
January 23, 2017
62A-11-107; 62A-11-320.5; 62A-11-320.6; 78B-12-210
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R527, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Recovery Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.