Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R527. Human Services, Recovery Services.
Rule R527-275. Passport Release.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R527-275-1. Purpose and Authority.
- R527-275-2. Federal Requirements.
- R527-275-3. Passport Release Criteria.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
1. The Office of Recovery Services is authorized to create rules necessary for the provision of social services by Section 62A-11-107.
2. The purpose of this rule is to specify the procedures for the office to release an obligor's passport after it has been denied for failure to pay child support.
The Office of Recovery Services/Child Support Services (ORS/CSS) adopts the federal regulations as published in 22 CFR 51.60, 51.70, 51.71(1), 51.72, 51.73, and 51.74 April 1, 2008 ed., which are incorporated by reference in this rule.
1. If the obligor applies for a new passport or to have a previously-issued passport renewed and is notified that the application has been denied for failure to pay child support, the obligor must contact ORS/CSS to get the passport released. The passport will be released if the obligor pays all past-due child support owing to the state IV-D Agency and/or obligee.
2. If the obligor's employment requires a valid passport or there are other extenuating circumstances that require the obligor to maintain a valid passport, an exception may be granted if:
a. the case is IV-A - if the ORS or CSS Director approves an exception to the payment-in-full requirement.
b. the case is non-IV-A:
i. if the ORS or CSS Director approves an exception to the payment-in-full requirement; and,
ii. if the child support is owed to the obligee, ORS/CSS is able to obtain written approval from the obligee to release the passport.
child support, passport
June 9, 2009
December 14, 2018
18 U.S.C. 1073; 22 CFR 51.60; 22 CFR 51.70; 22 CFR 51.71(1); 22 CFR 51.72; 22 CFR 51.73; 22 CFR 51.74; 62A-11-107
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R527, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Recovery Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.