Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since February 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R527. Human Services, Recovery Services.
Rule R527-302. Income Withholding Fees.
As in effect on February 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R527-302-1. Purpose and Authority.
- R527-302-2. Income Withholding Fees.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
1. The Office of Recovery Services is authorized to create rules necessary for the provision of social services by Section 62A-11-107.
2. This rule establishes procedures for a payor of income to withhold a one-time fee to offset administrative costs incurred when processing a withholding order pursuant to Rule 64D, Utah Rules of Civil Procedure, and Section 78A-2-216(1)(b).
1. When the Office of Recovery Services/Child Support Services (ORS/CSS) initiates income withholding against a payor of income for payment of an obligor's child support, the payor of income may deduct a one-time $25.00 fee to offset the administrative costs it incurs to process the withholding pursuant to Rule 64D, Utah Rules of Civil Procedure, and Subsection 78A-2-216(1)(b).
2. A payor of income may choose to deduct the entire $25.00 in the first month of withholding, or, pursuant to Subsection 62A-11-406(4), a payor may choose to deduct the $25.00 in monthly increments (for example, $5.00 per month for 5 months) until the full amount has been deducted, provided the total amount withheld does not exceed the maximum amount permitted under Subsection 303(b) of the Consumer Credit Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. 1673(b).
child support, income withholding fees
June 25, 2008
December 15, 2017
62A-11-406; 78A-2-216; Rule 64D, Utah Rules of Civil Procedure
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R527, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Recovery Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.