Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R527. Human Services, Recovery Services.
Rule R527-303. Automatic Payment Withdrawal.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R527-303-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R527-303-2. Automatic Payment Withhdrawal.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
1. The Department of Human Services is authorized to create rules necessary for the provision of social services by Section 62A-1-111 and 62A-11-107. Pursuant to Section 62A-11-703(6), the Office of Recovery Services/Child Support Services (ORS/CSS) shall make rules specifying eligibility requirements to enter into alternative payment agreements.
2. The purpose of this rule is to specify how ORS/CSS will determine the eligibility of an obligor to make child support payments via automatic payment withdrawal from a bank account in lieu of income withholding.
1. Pursuant to Section 62A-11-703, ORS/CSS may enter into an alternative payment agreement with an obligor which provides for payment of child support via electronic funds transfer from the obligor's account at a financial institution in lieu of income withholding.
2. In order to be eligible to enter into an alternative payment agreement with ORS/CSS, an obligor:
a. must have a verified address in the Office of Recovery Services Information System;
b. must not have been disqualified from using the alternative payment agreement in the last 12 months; and,
c. may not be an obligor on an active outgoing intergovernmental case.
3. The ORS/CSS Director or designee may exercise his/her discretion to terminate any agreement for abuse or cause.
child support, electronic funds transfer, automatic payment withdrawal
May 8, 2018
62A-1-111; 62A-11-107; 62A-11-703
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R527, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Recovery Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.