Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R527. Human Services, Recovery Services.
Rule R527-332. Unreimbursed Assistance Calculation.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R527-332-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R527-332-2. Definitions.
- R527-332-3. Unreimbursed Assistance Calculation.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
1. The Department of Human Services is authorized to create rules necessary for the provision of social services by Section 62A-1-111. The Office of Recovery Services is authorized to create rules necessary to fulfill its duties by Section 62A-11-107.
2. The purpose of this rule is to meet the requirements of 45 CFR 302.32 and 45 CFR 302.51, which require the office to refund collections in excess of the unreimbursed assistance amount (URA) to the family within two calendar days of the end of each month that assistance was received.
1. IV-A Assistance means cash assistance which was issued based upon Title IV-A funding of AFDC or FEP programs.
2. Unreimbursed Assistance means the total lifetime amount of IV-A assistance that the State has expended on behalf of the IV-A household for which the State/Federal government have not been reimbursed.
The Office of Recovery Services shall calculate the amount of unreimbursed assistance. The calculation shall compare the amount of IV-A child support payments plus the amount of IV-A overpayment payments against the lifetime IV-A benefit amount.
In the event that the unreimbursed assistance amount becomes zero, or greater than zero, collection of the IV-A overpayment amount will be suspended.
assistance, overpayments, child support
February 9, 2010
May 22, 2014
62A-1-111; 62A-11-107; 45 CFR 302.32; 45 CFR 302.51
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R527, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Recovery Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.