Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R527. Human Services, Recovery Services.
Rule R527-412. Intercept of Unemployment Compensation.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R527-412-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R527-412-2. Intercept of Unemployment Compensation.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
1. The Department of Human Services is authorized to create rules necessary for the provision of social services by Section 62A-1-111. The Office of Recovery Services is authorized to create rules necessary to fulfill its duties by Section 62A-11-107.
2. The purpose of this rule is to define the conditions under which the Office of Recovery Services may collect child support from unemployment compensation and the legal limitations on those amounts.
1. Unemployment compensation shall be subject to income withholding if the case meets the criteria in R527-300. If for any reason the unemployment compensation is not subject to income withholding, the unemployment compensation may be subject to garnishment.
2. The obligor may volunteer but shall not be required to pay more than 50% of his gross Unemployment Compensation benefit, or the maximum amount permitted under Section 303(b), Consumer Credit Protection Act, 15 USC 1673(b). If the obligor volunteers to pay more than 50% of the Unemployment Compensation benefit or more than the maximum amount permitted under Section 303(d), Consumer Credit Protection Act, 15 USC 1673(b), that agreement shall be in writing.
child support, unemployment compensation
February 9, 2010
January 26, 2017
35A-4-103(5); 62A-1-111; 62A-11-107; 62A-11-401
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R527, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Recovery Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.