Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULE FILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R549. Human Services, Public Guardian (Office of).
Rule R549-1. Eligibility and Services Priority.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R549-1-1. Purpose.
- R549-1-2. Authority.
- R549-1-3. Definitions.
- R549-1-4. Eligibility.
- R549-1-5. Priority.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) The purpose of this rule is to provide:
(a) Procedures and standards for the determination of eligibility and establish services as required by Title 62A, Chapter 14, Part-1, Utah Code.
(1) This rule is authorized pursuant to UCA 62A-14-105(2).
(1) Terms used in this rule are defined in Section 62A-14-102.
(1) Individuals who have been found or are likely to be found legally incapacitated and in need of guardianship and/or conservatorship, and who have no other responsible, willing and able person to serve as their guardian, may be eligible for the services provided by Human Services, Office of Public Guardian "Office".
(1) The Office will give priority to incapacitated individuals whose need for guardianship and/or conservatorship is more critical than other incapacitated individuals, as follows and in the following order:
(a) Individuals who are in life-threatening situations, where immediate guardianship assistance or intervention is necessary for the preservation of life or the prevention of serious harm or injury.
(b) Individuals who are experiencing abuse, neglect or self-neglect or financial exploitation.
(c) Individuals who are at significant risk of experiencing abuse, neglect or self-neglect or financial exploitation.
eligibility and priority, incapacitated, guardianship
July 9, 2007
November 28, 2016
62A-14-101 et seq.
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R549, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Public Guardian (Office of)). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from https://rules.utah.gov/help-rules-who-to-contact/.