Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R590. Insurance Department, Administration.
Rule R590-279. Rule Designating Fraud Division Offices as a Secured Area.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R590-279-1. Authority.
- R590-279-2. Prohibition.
- R590-279-3. Severability.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is adopted pursuant to the following:
(1) Subsection 31A-2-201(3) that authorizes the commissioner to make rules to implement the provisions of Title 31A; and
(2) Section 76-8-311.1 that authorizes the commissioner, as a person in charge of a law enforcement facility, to establish secure areas within the facility and to prohibit or control by rule any firearm, ammunition, dangerous weapon, or explosive in that facility.
(1) An area, other than an area generally accessible to the public, that is owned, leased or operated by the commissioner for law enforcement officers employed pursuant to Section 31A-2-104 is established as a secure area in which any firearm, ammunition, dangerous weapon, or explosive is prohibited.
(2) Any firearm, ammunition, dangerous weapon, or explosive in the possession of a law enforcement officer is exempt from the prohibition in Subsection (1).
If any provision or clause of this rule or its application to any person or situation is held invalid, that invalidity may not affect any other provision or application of this rule which can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to this end the provisions of this rule are declared to be severable.
December 24, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R590, please contact the promulgating agency (Insurance Department, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.