Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R595. Judicial Conduct Commission, Administration.
Rule R595-2. Administration.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R595-2-1. Executive Committee.
- R595-2-2. Terms of Commission Chair and Vice Chair.
- R595-2-3. Duties of Executive Director.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
A. There is hereby established an executive committee of the Commission, comprised of the following three members of the Commission, all elected by the Commission: one legislator, one judge or member of the Utah State Bar, and one public member. The Commission chair shall serve as one of the members of, and as chair of, the executive committee.
B. The terms of committee members shall be two years. Committee members may be elected to subsequent terms.
C. The executive committee may:
1. recommend to the Commission the hiring or termination of the executive director;
2. hire and terminate the employment of other Commission staff;
3. approve the contracts of contract investigators;
4. recommend to the Commission salary increases for the executive director and other Commission staff;
5. investigate and resolve complaints against the executive director or Commission staff; and
6. perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Commission.
The terms of the Commission chair and vice chair shall be two years. The chair and vice chair may be elected to subsequent terms.
A. The executive director shall:
1. receive, acknowledge receipt of, and review complaints, refer complaints as provided by statute, conduct preliminary investigations, notify complainants about the status and disposition of their complaints, make recommendations to the Commission regarding further proceedings or the disposition of complaints, conduct full investigations or file formal charges when directed to do so by the Commission, and act as examiner;
2. maintain records of the Commission's operations and actions;
3. compile statistics to aid in the administration of the Commission's operations and actions;
4. prepare and distribute an annual report of the Commission's operations and actions;
5. prepare the Commission's budget for submission to the Commission and the Legislature, and administer the funds;
6. subject to the approval of the Commission or the executive committee, hire and terminate Commission staff and enter into contracts with contract investigators;
7. direct the operations of the Commission's office, and supervise other members of the Commission's staff and contract investigators;
8. with the Commission's approval, engage experts in connection with proceedings;
9. make available to the public, the laws, rules and procedures affecting the Commission and its operations;
10. consider requests for extensions of time periods established by Commission rule, and may, upon a showing of good cause, grant such requests for a period of time not to exceed 60 days in the aggregate; and
11. perform other duties at the direction of the Commission.
B. Subject to the duty to direct and supervise, the executive director may delegate any of the foregoing duties to other members of the Commission's staff or contract investigators.
judicial conduct commission
September 1, 2007
January 2, 2015
Art. VIII, Sec. 13; 78A-11-102 through 78A-11-113
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R595, please contact the promulgating agency (Judicial Conduct Commission, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.