Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.
Rule R651-213. Dealer Numbers and Registrations.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R651-213-1. Dealer Numbers and Registrations.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) Each person acting as a vessel dealer who has an established place of business and is engaged in the business of selling motorboats and/or sailboats shall make application to the Division, to obtain dealer numbers and registration decals.
(2) The application shall contain the following information:
(a) the name of the business;
(b) the business address;
(c) the business owner's name (if the business is a corporation, the names of the principal officers of the corporation);
(d) the type of vessels offered for sale; and
(e) the manufacture line of vessels which the dealer holds franchise from the manufacturer to sell. Attached to the application shall be copies of the appropriate city, county, and state licenses required to do business in this state.
(3) Upon filing the application by the dealer, the Division may assign dealer numbers and registration decals to the dealer.
(4) Dealer numbers and registration decals are valid only when demonstrating, servicing or testing a motorboat or sailboat and the dealer or employee of the dealer is present during the demonstration.
(5) Every vessel dealer who obtains dealer numbers and registration decals is responsible to maintain the numbers and to control their use.
(6) Dealer numbers and registration decals are not valid on any vessel which is a rental or lease unit, or on a vessel which is not part of the dealer inventory and available for immediate sale.
(7) Dealer numbers and registration decals shall not be permanently attached to any vessel, but shall be mounted and displayed on a backing plate.
(8) If the Division has reasonable grounds to believe that a dealer has failed to comply with any of the above provisions, after notice to the dealer and a hearing, dealer numbers and registration decals may be suspended. Upon suspension, the dealer will surrender all of his dealer numbers and registration decals to the Division within 15 days.
(9) The dealer registration fee shall be $25 per year.
(10) The dealer registration decals and cards shall expire annually on the last day of April.
June 9, 2014
January 7, 2016
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.