Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.
Rule R651-221. Boat Liveries - Boat Rental Companies.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R651-221-1. Boat Livery Responsibilities.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) Each boat livery shall register with the Division annually and pay the appropriate fee, prior to the commencement of the operation.
(a) The annual boat livery registration requires the following:
(i) The completion of the prescribed application form;
(ii) Evidence of a valid business license; and
(iii) Payment of the prescribed fee.
(b) The annual boat livery registration fee shall be:
(i) $50 for boat liveries with up to 25 vessels in its fleet;
(ii) $75 for boat liveries with up to 50 vessels in its fleet;
(iii) $100 for boat liveries with more than 50 vessels in its fleet.
(c) A boat livery that is registered with the Division as an outfitting company shall not pay the boat livery registration fee.
(d) The annual boat livery registration will be required beginning January 1, 2008.
(2) The name of the boat livery shall be displayed on the outward superstructure of each vessel in the boat livery's fleet. If another governmental agency prohibits the display of a livery's name on the exterior of a vessel, the name shall be displayed in a visible manner that does not violate the agency's requirements.
(3) A boat livery shall produce a lease or rental agreement for each vessel leased or rented from its fleet.
(a) The lease or rental agreement shall contain the following information and shall be signed by the owner of the livery or his representative and by the person leasing or renting the vessel.
(i) The name of the person leasing or renting the vessel;
(ii) The vessel's assigned bow number, hull identification number, or other number if the vessel is not powered by a motor or sail;
(iii) A description of the vessel's make, model, color and length;
(iv) The period of time for which the vessel is leased or rented; and
(v) A check-off list of the required safety equipment provided on the vessel.
(b) For motorboats and sailboats, a copy of the lease or rental agreement shall be carried on board.
(c) For non-motorized vessels rented or leased in a group, one rental agreement is required.
(4) Upon request of an agent of the Division, the owner of a boat livery or his representative shall provide the Division with a copy of a lease or rental agreement.
(5) The certificate of registration for a leased or rented vessel may be retained on shore by the boat livery.
(6) A recreational "equipment timeshare" business which leases or rents vessels for consideration is a boat livery.
(7) A boat livery shall have each vessel in its fleet that is equipped with a 50 hp or greater motor covered with liability insurance as required in UCA 73-18c-101 through 308, and UCA 31A-22-1501 through 1504.
May 9, 2011
January 7, 2016
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.