Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.
Rule R651-601. Definitions as Used in These Rules.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R651-601-1. Division.
- R651-601-2. Ranger.
- R651-601-3. Division Representative.
- R651-601-4. Natural and Cultural Resources.
- R651-601-5. Park System.
- R651-601-6. Park Area.
- R651-601-7. Manager.
- R651-601-8. Permission.
- R651-601-9. Permit.
- R651-601-10. Posted.
- R651-601-11. Person.
- R651-601-12. Commercial Activity.
- R651-601-13. Commercial Gain.
- R651-601-14. Concession Contract.
- R651-601-15. Special Use Permit.
- R651-601-16. Cooperative Agreement.
- R651-601-17. Definitions.
- R651-601-18. Unmanned Aircraft.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
"Division" means the Division of Parks and Recreation, Department of Natural Resources.
"Ranger" means any employee of the Division who is designated by the Director or his designee as a law enforcement officer as defined in Section 53-13-103.
"Division Representative" means any employee of the Division authorized by the Director or his designee to act in an official capacity.
"Natural and Cultural Resources" means those features and values including all lands, minerals, soils and waters, natural systems and processes, and all plants, animals, topographic, geologic and paleontological components of a park area as well as all historic and pre-historic, sites, trails, structures, inscriptions, rock art and artifacts representative of a given culture occurring on or within any park area.
"Park system" means all natural and cultural resource, and all buildings and other improvements owned, leased, or otherwise managed by the Division.
"Park area" means any individual park property in the park system.
"Manager" means the Division representative in charge of a park area.
"Permission" means oral or written authorization by a park representative.
"Permit" means written authorization by a park representative.
"Posted" means displayed printed instruction or information.
"Person" means individual, corporation, company, partnership, trust, firm, or association of persons.
"Commercial Activity" means any activity, private or otherwise, that is for the purpose of commercial gain, or that is part of any scheme or plan established for the purpose of obtaining commercial gain. This includes, but is not limited to:
(1) sales of goods or merchandise.
(2) rentals of equipment.
(3) collection of entrance or admission fees.
(4) collection of storage or use fees.
(5) sales of services.
(6) delivery service of rental equipment to the park area by a rental agency as part of a customer rental agreement.
"Commercial gain" means compensation in money, services, or other consideration as part of a scheme or effort to generate income or financial advantage of any kind.
"Concession Contract" means a use agreement granted to an individual, partnership, corporation, or other recognized organization, for the purpose of providing services or sales of goods or merchandise for conducting commercial activity.
"Special Use Permit" means written permission given to an individual, partnership, corporation, or other recognized organization for the purpose of conducting the following: 1) special events whether commercial or non-commercial; 2) certain limited concession activities; and 3) commercial services as guides, provisioners, and/or outfitters.
A written instrument whereby two or more parties agree to terms governing the parties' relationship, much as a contract. Informal interoffice communication definition does not apply in this case.
(1) "Motorized Transportation Device" means any motorized device used as a mode of transportation that includes: "Electric assisted bicycles", "Mopeds", "Motor Assisted scooters", "motorcycles", "motor-driven cycle", and "personal motorized mobility device" as defined in Utah State Code 41-6-1. "Motorized wheelchairs" are also included under this definition.
(1) "Unmanned Aircraft" means an aircraft that is capable of sustaining flight and that operates with no possible direct human intervention from, on or within the aircraft.
parks, off-highway vehicles
July 28, 2016
June 13, 2018
41-22-10; 79-4-203; 79-4-304; 79-4-601
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.