Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.
Rule R651-603. Animals.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R651-603-1. Pets.
- R651-603-2. Animal Exclusions.
- R651-603-3. Unattended Animal.
- R651-603-4. Dangerous Animals.
- R651-603-5. Wildlife.
- R651-603-6. Hitching or Tying Animals.
- R651-603-7. Horse Use on Trails.
- R651-603-8. Horse Use Within a Park.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) All pets are prohibited in park areas unless caged, or physically controlled on a six foot maximum leash, or confined to the inside of a vehicle.
(2) Pet owners are responsible for picking up and properly disposing of all fecal matter deposited by their pets/animals within the park area.
All animals are prohibited from public buildings, bathing beaches and adjacent waters, eating places and any other trails or locations posted closed to pets within the park system, except for guide or service dogs as authorized by Section 62A-5b-104.
Leaving any animal unattended is prohibited except by permit.
Vicious, dangerous, or noisy animals of any kind are prohibited within the park system.
Feeding, touching, teasing, molesting, or intentionally disturbing any wildlife is prohibited except as approved for authorized hunting and trapping activities (see R651-614).
Hitching or tying an animal to any tree, shrub or structure in a manner that may cause damage or block or restrict foot or vehicular traffic is prohibited.
Horses and other saddle or pack animals are prohibited on developed trails and routes not posted open for their use.
Horse and other saddle or pack animals are prohibited from all campgrounds, picnic areas and other areas of public gatherings except where trails and facilities are specifically designed and posted for such use.
July 25, 2017
June 7, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.