Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.
Rule R651-606. Camping.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R651-606-1. Permit Required for Camping in Undeveloped Areas.
- R651-606-2. Reserved Campsites May Not Be Taken.
- R651-606-3. Maximum Occupancy of Campsites.
- R651-606-4. Payment Required Before Occupancy of Campsite.
- R651-606-5. Time-Limit in Campsite May Not Be Exceeded.
- R651-606-6. Use of Showers.
- R651-606-7. Camping Only in Designated Areas.
- R651-606-8. Time by Which Campsites Shall Be Vacated.
- R651-606-9. Clean-up of Campsite Required.
- R651-606-10. Quiet Hours.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
No person shall camp in undeveloped locations of a park area without proper permit.
No person shall occupy or otherwise use a campsite when it is occupied or reserved for another person.
Unless authorized by a park representative, individual campsites shall not be occupied by more than two vehicles and eight persons.
No person shall occupy camping facilities prior to payment of required fees.
Camping is limited to 14 consecutive days at all campgrounds except for designated long-term campsites where a long-term camping agreement has been signed by the occupant and the park manager.
Showers may only be used by campers with camping or shower authorization permits and only in accordance with posted restrictions.
All persons shall park or camp only in areas designated for those purposes.
All persons shall vacate the campsite by 2:00 p.m. of the last day of the camp permit.
All persons shall remove all personal property, debris and litter prior to departing the site.
No person shall operate or allow the operation of a generator, audio device; make or allow the making of unreasonable noises from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., except in the following area(s): Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park, which shall be from 10:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
July 25, 2017
June 7, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.