Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.
Rule R651-612. Veteran's with Disabilities Honor Pass.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R651-612-1. Authority and Effective Date.
- R651-612-2. Definitions.
- R651-612-3. Honor Pass Application Process.
- R651-612-4. Honor Pass Limitations.
- R651-612-5. Honor Pass Distribution.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) These rules are established as required by 79-4-304 as amended by HB135S01 as passed during the 2016 General Session of the Utah Legislature.
(2) This rule governs the issuance of the 'Veteran's with Disabilities Honor Pass', hereafter referred to as 'Honor Pass' and is effective July 1, 2016.
(1) 'Qualified Veteran' means an honorably discharged veteran who is:
(a) A resident of the State of Utah; and
(b) Has at least a 50% service related disability as evidenced by documentation from:
(i) The United States Department of Veterans Affairs;
(ii) An active component of the United States armed forces; or
(iii) A reserve component of the United States armed forces.
(2) 'Veterans with Disabilities Honor Pass' or 'Honor Pass' means an annual pass issued in accordance with this rule.
(1) A qualified veteran meeting the criteria established in R651-612-2 shall be issued an Honor Pass.
(2) The Honor Pass shall be provided free of charge to a qualified veteran.
(3) The Honor Pass is valid only when in the possession of the qualified veteran to whom it was issued, and is nontransferable.
(4) The Honor Pass shall be valid for the entire calendar year for which it was issued.
(1) Except as specified below, the Honor Pass shall be valid for day use admittance to all state parks for the qualified veteran and up to 7 guests traveling in the same private vehicle.
(2) The Honor Pass is not valid at This Is The Place Heritage Park; and does not cover fees charged by Davis County for travel on the Antelope Island Causeway. The Honor Pass is not valid for special charges or fees within the park (i.e., golf green fees, special program participation fees, camping, etc.).
(1) Locations of Honor Pass distribution sites will be posted on the Division's website. Electronic application and mail in application options will be pursued.
(2) The Division shall work with veteran service organizations to make passes available at other convenient locations.
park pass, veterans
July 28, 2016
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.