Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.
Rule R651-613. Fires.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R651-613-1. Restrictions on Lighting and Maintaining Fires.
- R651-613-2. Fires must be Extinguished when not in Use.
- R651-613-3. Throwing or Dropping of Burning Material.
- R651-613-4. Posted Restrictions Prohibiting Smoking or Fires.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
The lighting or maintaining of a fire is prohibited except:
(1) In designated camping and picnicking areas when the fire is confined in a fireplace or grill provided for that purpose,
(2) in other locations by permit, and
(3) in stoves or lanterns using gasoline, propane, or similar fuels.
All fires shall be completely extinguished when not in use. Leaving a fire unattended is prohibited.
Throwing or dropping of a lighted cigarette or other burning material is prohibited.
Smoking or lighting fires is prohibited in the park area when such restriction is posted.
June 7, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.