Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.
Rule R651-614. Fishing, Hunting and Trapping.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R651-614-1. Applicability of the Utah Fish and Game Code.
- R651-614-2. Fishing near Public Areas.
- R651-614-3. Ice Fishing.
- R651-614-4. Hunting Wildlife.
- R651-614-6. Trapping.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
Fishing, hunting and trapping shall be in accordance with the Utah Fish and Game Code, with the following provisions.
Fishing from or within 100 feet of any public float designed for water sports, developed beaches, public loading docks, or boat ramps is prohibited.
Ice fishing is prohibited in areas posted closed by the park manager.
Hunting of any wildlife is prohibited within the boundaries of all park areas except those designated open as follows:
(1)(a) Antelope Island State Park - By special permit only
(b) Antelope Island permits to hunt bison shall be available, distributed and utilized consistent with the following statutes and rules of the Division of Wildlife Resources to the same extent as if the bison were considered wildlife: (1) Utah Code Sections 23-13-2; 23-19-1, 23-19-5; 23-19-6, 23-19-9(11), 23-19-11 and 23-20-27; (2) Utah Administrative Code Sections R657-5-4, R657-5-8 through 12, R657-5-14 and 15, R657-5-24 and 25, R657-5-27 and 28, R657-5-34, R657-5-37, R657-5-53, R657-5-62, and Rules R657-12, R657-23, R657-32, R657-42, and R657-50.
(c) Subsection R651-614-4(1)(b) shall be applied retroactively only to the incorporation of Utah Administrative Code Sections R657-5-24, R657-5-25, R657-5-27, R657-5-34, and R657-5-37.
(2) Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park - small game
(3) Deer Creek State Park - small game and waterfowl
(4) East Canyon State Park - small game
(5) Gunlock State Park - waterfowl
(6) Huntington State Park - waterfowl
(7) Hyrum State Park - small game
(8) Jordanelle State Park - big and small game and waterfowl
(9) Minersville - waterfowl
(10) Quail Creek State Park - waterfowl
(11) Rockport State Park - waterfowl
(12) Scofield State Park - waterfowl
(13) Starvation State Park - big and small game
(14) Steinaker State Park - waterfowl, falconry between October 15 and April 14 annually.
(15) Pioneer Trail, Mormon Flat Unit - big and small game
(16) Wasatch Mountain State Park - big and small game
(17) Yuba State Park - small game
All trapping on park areas is prohibited except when authorized and permitted by the park manager.
February 16, 2017
June 7, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.