Utah Administrative Code

The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).

NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.

NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.

R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.

Rule R651-615. Motor Vehicle Use.

As in effect on January 1, 2020

Table of Contents

R651-615-1. Traffic Rules and Regulations.

The use and operation of motor vehicles in general shall be in accordance with the Utah Traffic requirements as found in Title 41, Chapter 6 Utah Code.

R651-615-2. Blocking and Restricting Normal Use.

Blocking, restricting or otherwise interfering with the normal use of any park facility with a vehicle or towed device is prohibited.

R651-615-3. Roadway and Parking Areas.

Operating or parking a motor vehicle or trailer except on roadways and parking areas developed for that use is prohibited.

R651-615-4. Entering and Leaving Park Site.

Operating a motor vehicle in a developed park area for any purpose other than entering or leaving the site is prohibited.

R651-615-5. Off Road Use.

The operation of vehicles off road is prohibited within the boundaries of all park areas except those with designated off-highway vehicle riding areas.

R651-615-7. Motorized Transportation Devices.

Motorized Transportation Devices (MTD) that are powered by electric motors may be used for transportation to and from facilities and structures within the state parks.


parks, off-highway vehicles

Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment

July 22, 2019

Notice of Continuation

June 7, 2018

Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law

79-4-203; 41-22-10; 79-4-501

Additional Information


For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.