Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.
Rule R651-633. Special Closures or Restrictions.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R651-633-1. Emergency Closures or Restrictions.
- R651-633-2. General Closures or Restrictions.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
No person shall be in a closed area or participate in a restricted activity which has been posted by the park manager to protect public safety or park resources.
Persons are prohibited from being in a closed area or participating in a restricted activity as listed for the following park areas:
(1) Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park - Motorized vehicle use is prohibited in the non-motorized area of the sand dunes, except for limited and restricted access through the travel corridor;
(2) Dead Horse State Park - Hang gliding, para gliding and B.A.S.E. jumping is prohibited;
(3) Deer Creek State Park - Dogs are prohibited below high water line and in or on the reservoir except for guide or service dogs as authorized by Section 62A-5b-104;
(4) Jordanelle State Park - Dogs are prohibited in the Rock Cliff area except for the Perimeter Trail and designated parking areas except for guide or service dogs as authorized by Section 62A-5b-104;
(5) Snow Canyon State Park -
(a) All hiking and walking in the park is limited to roadways, designated trails and slick rock areas and the Sand Dunes area,
(b) The last half-mile of the Johnson Canyon Trail is closed annually from March 15 through September 14 except by permit or guided walk; this portion of trail is open from September 15 through March 14.
(c) Black Rocks Canyon is closed annually from March 15 to June 30,
(d) West Canyon climbing routes are closed annually from February 1 to June 1.
(e) Dogs are prohibited on all trails and natural areas of the park unless posted open, except for guide or service dogs as authorized by Section 62A-5b-104.
(f) Hang gliding, para gliding and B.A.S.E. jumping is prohibited.
July 25, 2017
June 28, 2018
79-4-203; 79-4-304; 79-4-501
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.