Utah Administrative Code

The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).

NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.

NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.

R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.

Rule R651-635. Commercial Use of Division Managed Park Areas.

As in effect on January 1, 2020

Table of Contents

R651-635-1. No Commercial Activity in Park Areas without Specific Written Authorization.

No commercial activity may be conducted on any park area managed or owned by the division unless the division has provided specific written authorization for that activity.

R651-635-2. Written Forms of Authorization.

Written authorization may be in the form of a concession contract, special use permit, lease, right of way, or other negotiated agreement.

R651-635-3. Signature Requirements - Division Documents.

Regardless of any preceding activities, no contract, agreement, lease, or other similar document is binding on the division until signed by the division director or deputy director, the division contract officer and any other individual as required by state law or regulation.

R651-635-4. Signature Requirements - Special Use Permits.

No special use permit is binding on the division until signed by the park manager of the park where the activity to be carried out under the permit will occur and the region manager supervising the park.

R651-635-5. Forms Provided by Division.

The division shall provide forms and documents that provide authorization for commercial activity, special uses, and other privileged uses of park areas managed or owned by the division.



Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment

June 11, 2001

Notice of Continuation

December 11, 2019

Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law

79-2-402(4) and (5); 79-4-304; 79-2-402(6), (7), and (8)

Additional Information


For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.