Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R651. Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation.
Rule R651-802. Scuba Diving.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R651-802-1. Rules And Restrictions.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) A scuba diver shall display a diver's flag prior to diving activity and shall dive and surface in close proximity to the flag.
(2) No person shall place a diver's flag on the waters of this state unless diving activity is in progress in that area.
(3) If a diver's flag is placed after sunset or before sunrise, it shall be lighted.
(4) No person shall place a diver's flag in any area where boating activity might be unduly restricted.
(5) No scuba diver shall dive in a congested boating or fishing area such as narrow channels, launching or docking areas, or near reservoir outlets.
(6) No person shall scuba dive in any waters of this state unless he holds a valid certificate from an accredited scuba diving school or is in the company of a certified scuba diving instructor.
water safety rules
January 7, 2016
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R651, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.