Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R653. Natural Resources, Water Resources.
Rule R653-4. Investigation Account.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R653-4-1. Authority and Purpose for the Account.
- R653-4-2. General Guidelines for Use of the Account.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) The Water Resources Investigation Account was established by the legislature in 1953 and is authorized under Section 73-10-8.
(2) The purpose of the Account is to provide moneys for those purposes prescribed in Subsection 73-10-8(2).
(1) The funds from this Account will be used for projects which the Board of Water Resources deems eligible under the criteria for the Board of Water Resources Construction Fund and the Water Resources Conservation and Development Fund. When the Investigation Account is used for this purpose, the Account will be reimbursed from repayment obtained for the project, provided the project is authorized.
(2) The Investigation Account may also be used to fund special studies and investigations which relate to the State water planning effort as determined by the Board of Water Resources or the Director of the Division of Water Resources.
(3) Investigation Account funds have been and will continue to be used for, hiring consultants, paying salaries and expenses of staff personnel, subsurface investigations of dam sites and wells, hydrologic and water quality data collections, purchasing technical equipment for use in investigations and construction of water projects, working with the Federal Government on various studies requested by it, and performing environmental studies.
water conservation, water policy*
March 18, 1998
September 29, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R653, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Water Resources). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.