Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R657. Natural Resources, Wildlife Resources.
Rule R657-15. Closure of Gunnison, Cub and Hat Islands.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R657-15-1. Purpose and Authority.
- R657-15-2. Closed Areas.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
Under authority of Section 23-21a-3, this rule provides for the management of Gunnison, Cub, and Hat islands for the protection and perpetuation of the American white pelican, Pelacanus erythrorhynchos, and other avian species.
(1) The following areas are closed to air, water, and land trespass as a conservation measure to protect colonial bird nesting areas:
(a) Gunnison and Cub islands, located in Sections 9, 10, 15 and 16, Township 7 North, Range 9 West, Salt Lake Base and Meridian; and
(b) Hat Island, located in Section 24, Township 4 North, Range 7 West, Salt Lake Base and Meridian.
(2) This closure encompasses all of Gunnison, Cub, and Hat islands and the surrounding waters and beaches of the Great Salt Lake one mile in every direction from the 4200-foot mean sea level elevation shoreline of Gunnison, Cub, and Hat islands.
(3) The provisions of this rule do not apply to division personnel while performing their official duties, or to certified peace officers and emergency personnel acting under their direction when engaged in exigent law enforcement activities or emergency rescue operations.
wildlife, birds, conservation, wildlife management
July 5, 2005
March 3, 2015
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R657, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Wildlife Resources). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.