Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R657. Natural Resources, Wildlife Resources.
Rule R657-30. Fishing License for the Terminally Ill.
As in effect on January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
- R657-30-1. Purpose and Authority.
- R657-30-2. Procedures for Obtaining a Free Fishing License.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
Under Section 23-19-36, this rule provides the procedures for a terminally ill person to obtain a free fishing license.
(1) A resident may receive a fishing license free of charge upon providing the following information to a division office:
(a) Verification signed by a physician stating the applicant:
(i) is terminally ill; and
(ii) has less than five years to live; and
(b) One of the following documents stating the person is receiving assistance under a low income public assistance program administered by the Department of Human Services:
(i) A Medicaid identification card for the current month;
(ii) A food stamp identification card for the current year; or
(iii) A document stating the person is receiving Supplemental Security Income.
(2) If a person is not a recipient of a public assistance program administered by the Department of Human Services or is unable to produce one of the documents required under Subsection (b), the person must provide the division with an affidavit signed by the Office of Family Support stating that he qualifies for a low income public assistance program.
wildlife, licensing, terminally ill*, fishing, rules and procedures
May 3, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R657, please contact the promulgating agency (Natural Resources, Wildlife Resources). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.