Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R671. Pardons (Board of), Administration.
Rule R671-509. Parole Progress / Violation Reports.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R671-509-1. Progress / Violation Reports.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) A parole agent or other representative of the Department of Corrections shall submit a parole progress / violation report to the Board when an incident occurs that may constitute cause to modify the conditions of or revoke parole, including:
a. an arrest or conviction of any misdemeanor or felony;
b. significant violations of the general or special conditions of parole; and
c. an incident which results in the parole agent placing the parolee in jail, under arrest, in detainment, or other conditions or incidents which result in the parolee being denied liberty.
(2) These reported parole violations shall be investigated and all incident reports along with a recommended course of action shall be submitted to the Board within 72 hours of confinement or, if the parolee is not confined, detained or arrested, within seven days from the date of the violation.
(3) The report shall advise the Board of a parolee's adjustment to parole and provide reasons for modification of the parole agreement conditions. Police reports, court orders, and waivers of personal appearance from parolees shall be attached when applicable.
May 22, 2013
February 13, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R671, please contact the promulgating agency (Pardons (Board of), Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.