Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since July 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R698. Public Safety, Administration.
Rule R698-10. Electronic Meetings.
As in effect on July 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R698-10-1. Authority.
- R698-10-2. Purpose.
- R698-10-3. Definitions.
- R698-10-4. Notice and Procedure of Electronic Meetings.
- R698-10-5. Anchor Location.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is authorized by Section 52-4-207.
The purpose of this rule is to establish procedures for conducting electronic meetings by department public bodies.
(1) Terms used in this rule are defined in Section 52-4-103.
(2) In addition:
(a) "department" means the Utah Department of Public Safety.
(1) The following provisions govern any meeting in which one or more members of a public body appear electronically or telephonically:
(a) if one or more public body members may participate electronically or telephonically in a meeting, the public notice of the meeting shall so indicate;
(b) the meeting minutes shall identify all public body members who participate electronically or telephonically in the meeting; and
(c) a member of the public body who participates in the meeting through electronic or telephonic means is considered to be present at the meeting for quorum, participation, and voting requirements.
(2) The department may decline to hold a meeting as an electronic or telephonic meeting due to budget, technical, or logistical issues.
(1) The anchor location for an electronic meeting shall be designated in the meeting notice.
(2) A quorum of a public body is not required to be present at the anchor location for an electronic meeting.
(3) The anchor location shall have space where interested persons and the public may attend and monitor the open portions of the meeting.
electronic meetings, public meetings, open meetings
July 18, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R698, please contact the promulgating agency (Public Safety, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.