Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R708. Public Safety, Driver License.
Rule R708-32. Uninsured Motorist Identification Database.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R708-32-1. Purpose.
- R708-32-2. Authority.
- R708-32-3. Definitions.
- R708-32-4. Access.
- R708-32-5. Insurance Information.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
The purpose of this rule is to establish procedures for administering and enforcing the uninsured motorist identification database program in accordance with Subsection 41-12a-803.
This rule is authorized by 41-12a-803.
(1) Definitions in this rule are found in Subsection 41-12a-802.
(1) In accordance with Section 41-12a-803, insurance information will be provided only to authorized personnel of:
(a) federal, state and local governmental agencies who have access through the Utah Criminal Justice Information System to Driver License and Motor Vehicle Division's computer information for law enforcement purposes;
(b) financial institutions, as defined in Section 7-1-103, for the purpose of protecting a bona fide security interest in a motor vehicle;
(c) the Driver License Division for the purpose of verifying automobile insurance coverage as authorized by the Division Director; and
(d) the Department of Motor Vehicle for the purpose of verifying automobile insurance coverage.
(1) The insurance response may be retrieved from the uninsured motorist database or from a web service inquiry to insurance companies, whichever provides the most current and accurate information.
(2) Authorized personnel seeking information from this database will be limited to receiving responses which are adopted and incorporated within this rule by reference and are referred to in a document entitled, "Uninsured Motorist Database Query Responses".
(3) The Driver License Division, Utah Department of Public Safety, shall make available to authorized personnel for review and inspection at the division office, reception desk, 4501 South 2700 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84130-0560 a copy of the "Uninsured Motorist Database Query Responses" document. Copies may be obtained in person or by written request to the Driver License Division Financial Responsibility Section at P.O. Box 144501, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4501.
uninsured motorist database
June 30, 2013
March 10, 2015
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R708, please contact the promulgating agency (Public Safety, Driver License). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.