Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R708. Public Safety, Driver License.
Rule R708-43. Verification of Personal Identifying Information by Depository Institutions.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R708-43-1. Purpose.
- R708-43-2. Authority.
- R708-43-3. Definitions.
- R708-43-4. Application for Access to the ValIDate System.
- R708-43-5. Procedures for Verification of Information.
- R708-43-6. Unauthorized Use.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
The purpose of this rule is to define the procedures, requirements and format for verifying personal identifying information in accordance with Subsection 53-3-109(1)(c)(iii).
This rule is authorized by Subsection 53-3-109(7)(f).
(1) "Division" means the Utah Driver License Division.
(2) "Requestor" means a depository institution as defined in Section 7-1-103 that seeks access to verify personal identifying information contained in the Utah Driver License Division Database.
(3) "ValIDate" means the electronic web interface used to verify personal identifying information contained in the Utah Driver License Division Database.
(4) "Utah Interactive, Inc." means the entity under contract with the division to provide the ValIDate system.
(1) To apply for access to the ValIDate system, the requestor must:
(a) meet the qualifications stated in Subsection 53-3-109(1)(c)(iii);
(b) submit a "User Agreement for the ValIDate System" to the Division; and
(c) submit documentation to the division that establishes the requestor is a depository institution as defined in Section 7-1-103.
(2) Upon receipt of the required form and documentation, the division:
(a) shall review the materials to determine if the requestor is eligible to access the ValIDate system; and
(b) may request additional information to determine if the requestor is eligible to access the ValIDate system.
(3) If the division determines the requestor has met the requirements to access the ValIDate system, the division shall notify Utah Interactive, Inc. that the requestor is authorized to access ValIDate.
(4) If the division determines the applicant does not meet the requirements to access the ValIDate system:
(a) the division shall issue a denial letter to the requestor stating the reasons for the denial; and
(b) the requestor may seek agency review as provided by Section 63G-4-301 by filing a written request for review within 30 calendar days after the issuance of the letter.
(1) When submitting a query in ValIDate, the requestor shall enter the following information into the data fields:
(a) the subject's name as it appears on the Utah Driver License or Identification card;
(b) the subject's Utah Driver License or Identification card number; and
(c) the subject's date of birth.
(2) Upon submittal of an electronic request for verification, ValIDate will search the Utah Driver License Division Database and furnish a "YES" or "NO" response.
(3) A "YES" response verifies the name, Utah Driver License or Identification card number, and date of birth, matches the information in the Utah Driver License Division Database
(4) A "NO" response indicates one or more data fields submitted does not match the information in the Utah Driver License Division Database.
(1) The division may suspend or revoke a requestor's access to ValIDate for failure to comply with the user agreement, this rule, or with Section 53-3-109.
(2) The requestor may seek agency review of the suspension or revocation as provided by Section 63G-4-301 by filing a written request for review within 30 calendar days after the issuance of the suspension or revocation letter.
driver license verification
November 21, 2013
January 19, 2016
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R708, please contact the promulgating agency (Public Safety, Driver License). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.