Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R708. Public Safety, Driver License.
Rule R708-49. Temporary Identification Card.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R708-49-1. Purpose.
- R708-49-2. Authority.
- R708-49-3. Definitions.
- R708-49-4. Provisions.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
The purpose of the rule is to set forth the provisions for the issuance of a temporary regular identification card.
This rule is authorized by Subsection 53-3-104(1)(b).
(1) "Temporary Regular Identification card" means a temporary identification card issued by the Driver License Division to a qualified U.S. Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident Alien or U. S. National who has not provided all the required documents to obtain a completed identification card.
(1) An applicant for an identification card as defined in Section 53-3-102(17) who is unable to provide all required documentary evidence under Subsection 53-3-804(2)(a), 53-3-804(2)(b), 53-3-804(2)(c), 53-3-804(2)(d) and 53-3-804(2)(i)(i) at the time of application may be issued a temporary identification card if the applicant:
(a) pays the required application fee;
(b) is a U.S. Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident Alien or U.S. National; and
(c) has on file with the division a previous license or identification record that includes a digitized photo.
(2) The temporary identification card shall be a paper document and shall contain security features as determined by the division.
(3) The temporary identification card shall bear the applicant's digitized photo image and signature.
(4) The temporary identification card shall expire six months from the date of issue.
temporary identification card
June 30, 2013
June 13, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R708, please contact the promulgating agency (Public Safety, Driver License). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.