Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R708. Public Safety, Driver License.
Rule R708-50. Vehicle Impound Fee Reimbursement.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R708-50-1. Purpose.
- R708-50-2. Authority.
- R708-50-3. Definitions.
- R708-50-4. Procedure.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
The purpose of this rule is to establish procedures for a person to apply for a reimbursement for the costs of towing and storing a vehicle if the vehicle was wrongfully impounded under Subsection 41-1a-1101(2).
This rule is authorized by 41-12a-806(5)(b).
(1) Definitions in this rule are found in Subsection 41-12a-802.
(1) In accordance with Section 41-12a-806, a person may request a hearing with the Utah Driver License Division to determine if the person's vehicle was wrongfully impounded and meets the requirements for the Department to reimburse the person for the costs of towing and storing the impounded vehicle:
(a) the person requesting a hearing shall complete and submit to the division the Impound Fee Refund Hearing Request form or a written request that includes the required information listed in Section 63G-4-201(3)(a).
(b) the person requesting a hearing is ineligible for reimbursement if the division receives the request later than six months from the date the vehicle was impounded.
(c) the person requesting a hearing shall provide the division at the time of the hearing the following documentation:
(i) proof the vehicle was impounded on or after January 1, 2015, which includes the costs for towing and storing the vehicle; and
(ii) proof of owner's or operator's security indicating the impounded vehicle was insured at the time it was impounded;
(2) The hearing officer shall make a recommendation based on their findings of fact whether the applicant is eligible for a reimbursement under Section 41-12a-806.
(3) The Driver Improvement Manager or designee will review the recommendation and documentation to approve, deny, or remand to the hearing officer for further review.
impound fee reimbursement
February 9, 2015
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R708, please contact the promulgating agency (Public Safety, Driver License). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.