Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R722. Public Safety, Criminal Investigations and Technical Services, Criminal Identification.
Rule R722-370. Firearm Safety Program.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R722-370-1. Authority.
- R722-370-2. Definitions.
- R722-370-3. Firearm Safety Packet.
- R722-370-4. Redeemable Coupon Program.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is authorized by Subsection 53-10-202(18).
(1) "Bureau" means the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification within the Department of Public Safety established by Section 53-10-201.
(2) "Firearm dealer" means a firearms dealer who is licensed as defined in Subsection 76-10-501(7).
(1)(a) The bureau shall produce a firearm safety brochure as described in Subsection 53-10-202(18)(a).
(b) The bureau shall make the firearm safety brochure available to all firearm dealers within the State of Utah.
(c) At the end of each fiscal year, the bureau shall review the firearm safety brochure described in Subsection 53-10-202(18)(a), verify the information is correct and current, and update any incorrect information.
(2)(a) At the end of each fiscal year, the bureau shall assess the funds appropriated by the Legislature for the management of the firearm safety program and determine the amount of cable-style gun locks that may be purchased for the next fiscal year.
(b) After determining the amount of cable-style gun locks that may be purchased, the bureau shall purchase such locks through the state purchasing process.
(3) The bureau shall distribute firearm safety packets as described in Subsection 53-10-202(18)(a)(iii) to persons described in Subsection 53-10-202(18)(b) upon request, subject to the availability of such packets.
(1)(a) Subject to funding appropriated by the Legislature for the management of the redeemable coupon program, the bureau shall implement and administer the Redeemable Coupon Program as described in Subsections 53-10-202(18)(c) and 76-10-526(15).
firearm safety, gun locks, redeemable coupon program
February 24, 2015
53-10-202; 53-10-201; 76-10-501(7); 76-10-526(15)
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R722, please contact the promulgating agency (Public Safety, Criminal Investigations and Technical Services, Criminal Identification). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.