Utah Administrative Code

The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).

NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.

NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.

R746. Public Service Commission, Administration.

Rule R746-402. Rules Governing Reports of Accidents by Electric, Gas, Telephone, and Water Utilities.

As in effect on October 1, 2019

Table of Contents

R746-402-1. Reporting Accidents.

A. As hereinafter specified, a report should be made to this Commission of every accident occurring on the property, or involving the property of a public utility, or resulting from the construction, operation, and maintenance of its properties, whenever it may be located in Utah.

B. Accidents to be Reported--Accidents should be reported that result in one or more of the following circumstances:

1. as required by federal law;

2. death of a person;

3. damage to property amounting to more than $1,000,000 or one percent of utility revenues, whichever is less. In determining the cost of property damage under this rule, the damage shall be considered separately for each localized area.

C. Instructions for Reporting Accidents--

1. Accidents resulting in the loss of life, or damages to property which in the opinion of the reporting officers are of major importance, shall be reported to this Commission by telephone.

2. Written reports of accidents resulting in loss of life, or damages to property, including those previously reported by telephone, shall be submitted to this Commission within a period of ten days from the date on which the accident occurred.


public utilities, rules and procedures

Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment


Notice of Continuation

February 14, 2018

Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law

54-4-1; 54-4-14

Additional Information


For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R746, please contact the promulgating agency (Public Service Commission, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.