Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R850. School and Institutional Trust Lands, Administration.
Rule R850-2. Trust Land Management Objectives.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R850-2-100. Authorities.
- R850-2-200. School and Institutional Trust Land Management Objectives.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule implements Sections 6, 8, 10, and 12 of the Utah Enabling Act, Articles X and XX of the Utah Constitution, and Sections 53C-1-204(1) and 53C-1-302 which authorize the Director of the School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration and the Board of Trustees to prescribe the general land management objectives for school and institutional trust lands.
The general land management objective for school and institutional trust lands is to optimize and maximize trust land uses for support of the beneficiaries over time. The agency shall:
1. maximize the commercial gain from trust land uses for school and institutional trust lands consistent with long-term support of beneficiaries.
2. manage school and institutional trust lands for their highest and best trust land use.
3. ensure that no less than fair-market value be received for the use, sale or exchange of school and institutional trust lands.
4. reduce risk of loss by reasonable trust land use diversification of school and institutional trust lands.
5. upgrade school and institutional trust land assets where prudent by exchange.
6. permit other land uses or activities not prohibited by law which do not constitute a loss of trust assets or loss of economic opportunity.
rules and procedures
May 23, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R850, please contact the promulgating agency (School and Institutional Trust Lands, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.