Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since August 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R850. School and Institutional Trust Lands, Administration.
Rule R850-10. Expedited Rulemaking.
As in effect on August 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R850-10-100. Authorities.
- R850-10-200. Expedited Rulemaking Procedures.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule implements Sections 6, 8, 10, and 12 of the Utah Enabling Act, Articles X and XX of the Utah Constitution, and Section 53C-1-201(3)(c), which authorize the Director and Board of the School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration to develop a procedure for expedited rulemaking.
When the criteria listed below are satisfied, the agency may pursue rulemaking in an expedited manner, expediting the traditional process provided for in 63G-3.
1. Material supporting the director's proposal should be provided to the board so that there is sufficient time for review prior to the meeting, when conditions permit.
2. The proposed action will be included on the published agenda for the board meeting.
3. The agency will provide a list of individuals who have been contacted and/or involved in the drafting of the proposed rule. Those individuals shall be invited to the board meeting.
4. A written finding shall be presented to the board which shall include the information required by Subsection 53C-1-201(3)(c)(i) through (iii).
5. The presentation of the proposed rule will include the existing language, if any, with new language underlined and language to be removed indicated by brackets and strike through. A copy of the proposed rule as it would appear after adoption will also be provided.
6. The agency shall disclose at the board meeting its anticipated effective date for the rule, and proposed actions to be taken upon implementation.
rulemaking procedures, administrative procedures
April 3, 1995
December 18, 2014
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R850, please contact the promulgating agency (School and Institutional Trust Lands, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.