Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R940. Transportation Commission, Administration.
Rule R940-3. Procedures for Transportation Infrastructure Loan Fund Assistance.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R940-3-1. Purpose and Authority.
- R940-3-2. Definitions.
- R940-3-3. Commission Responsibilities.
- R940-3-4. Conditions for Assistance or Loans.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is enacted under the provisions of Section 72-2-203. The purpose of this rule is to establish procedures and standards for making loans and assistance through the Transportation Infrastructure Loan Fund.
(1) "Commission" means the Transportation Commission, which is created in Utah Code Ann. Section 72-1-301;
(2) "Department" means the Utah Department of Transportation, which is created in Utah Code Ann. Section 72-1-201;
(3) "Fund" means the Transportation Infrastructure Loan Fund, which is created in Utah Code Ann. Section 72-2-202;
(4) "Assistance" means infrastructure assistance defined in Utah Code Ann. 72-2-201;
(5) "Loan" means infrastructure loan defined in Utah Code Ann. 72-2-201;
(6) "Transportation project" has the same meaning as defined in Utah Code Ann. 72-2-201;
(7) "Qualified request" means any request submitted by a public entity for assistance or a loan:
(a) that has been received and reviewed by the department;
(b) that has been submitted by the department to the commission for review with a recommendation from the department to accept or reject the request;
(c) for a transportation project that is on the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program;
(8) "Public entity" has the same meaning as defined in Utah Code Ann. 72-2-201.
The commission shall:
(a) receive and review all qualified requests for assistance or loans through the fund;
(b) approve assistance or loans provided by the department through the fund;
(c) approve the terms of assistance or loans, including interest rates and repayment;
(d) prioritize requests for assistance or loans based on:
(i) the availability of monies in the fund;
(ii) the merits of each qualified request as determined by the commission including, but not limited to, the ability to repay the loan, management of the project, the need for the transportation project and the public benefit.
The commission shall approve or reject qualified requests submitted by the department during a commission meeting held under 72-1-302, including the terms for repayment. Any subsequent amendments or alterations made to the terms for repayment must be approved by the commission. Repayment of loans must be completed no more than 10 years from the time the loan is executed. If a transportation project is funded with federal funds, all federal regulations must be followed.
infrastructure assistance, Transportation Infrastructure Loan Fund
January 12, 2009
December 14, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R940, please contact the promulgating agency (Transportation Commission, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.