Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R955. System of Technical Colleges (Utah), Ogden-Weber Technical College.
Rule R955-3. Weapons on Campus.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R955-3-1. Purpose.
- R955-3-2. References.
- R955-3-3. Possession of Weapons on Campus.
- R955-3-4. Incorporations of College Policies.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) In accordance with Title 53B, Chapter 27, Section 302, Campus Civil Liberties Protection Act, this rule establishes general rights and restrictions on possessing weapons on campus.
(1) Title 76, Chapter 10, Part 500 Uniform Law (Right to bear arms in Utah).
(2) Title 76, Chapter 10, Part 501 Definitions.
(3) Title 76, Chapter 10, Part 505.5 Possession of a dangerous weapon, firearm, or sawed off shotgun on or about school premises - Penalties.
(4) Title 76, Chapter 3, Part 203.2 Definitions - Use of dangerous weapon in offenses committed on or about school premises - Enhanced penalties. Exceptions.
(5) Title 53, Chapter 5, Section 704 Bureau duties -- Permit to carry concealed firearm -- Certification for concealed firearms instructor -- Requirements for issuance -- Violation -- Denial, suspension, or revocation -- Appeal Procedure.
(6) Title 53, Chapter 5, Section Temporary permit to carry concealed firearm - Denial, suspension, or revocation - Appeal.
(7) Title 76, Chapter 10, Possession of firearm at residence or on real property authorized.
(8) Title 76, Chapter 10, Persons exempt from weapons laws.
(9) Title 53B, Chapter 27, Part 3, Campus Civil Liberties Protection Act.
(10) Policy -- Weapons Prohibited on College Property and at College Activities 520.52 -- approved on July 25, 2019.
(1) The college complies with and enforces the state laws referenced in section 2 governing firearms on campus.
(1) The college has adopted the following policies that are incorporated by reference within this rule:
(a) Policy - Weapons Prohibited on College Property and at College Activities 520.52. -- approved on July 25, 2019.
civil liberty, technical college, technical education, weapons on campus
September 27, 2019
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R955, please contact the promulgating agency (System of Technical Colleges (Utah), Ogden-Weber Technical College). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.