Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R982. Workforce Services, Administration.
Rule R982-406. Energy Assistance: Eligibility Determination.
As in effect on April 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R982-406-1. Eligibility Determination.
- R982-406-2. Acceptable Verification.
- R982-406-3. Determination of The Primary Fuel Type.
- R982-406-4. Date of Application.
- R982-406-5. Date of Approval or Denial.
- R982-406-6. Date of Payment.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
The local HEAT Office shall determine a household's eligibility for HEAT by applying the program and income standards to the household's circumstances, and by establishing the validity and accuracy of the information given by the applicant household.
1. All factors of eligibility must be verified.
2. It is the applicant's responsibility to obtain acceptable verification.
3. If the household refuses to obtain the required verification and refuses to assist the HEAT Office in obtaining the verification, the application will be denied.
The primary fuel type is the type of fuel for which the house is designed. If the household is actually using a less expensive fuel type as the primary heat source, the fuel type is the type of heat the household is actually using.
The date of application is the date the application is accepted at the correct HEAT office.
The date of approval or denial is the action date of the application including applications forwarded by Outreach workers.
The payment date is the date the HEAT check is actually issued.
July 9, 2012
July 6, 2017
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R982, please contact the promulgating agency (Workforce Services, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.