Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2019, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R990. Workforce Services, Housing and Community Development.
Rule R990-102. Homeless Shelter Cities Mitigation Restricted Account.
As in effect on October 1, 2019
Table of Contents
- R990-102-1. Authority.
- R990-102-2. Definitions.
- R990-102-3. Availability of Account Funds; Process for Accepting Requests.
- R990-102-4. Process for Funding Requests.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is authorized under Utah Code Ann. Section 35A-8-608, which directs the Department to make rules governing the process for determining whether there is sufficient revenue to operate a grant program for grant eligible entities, the process for notifying grant eligible entities of available grants, and the process for the Department to determine the timeline within the fiscal year for funding such grants.
Terms used in this rule have the meanings given them in Utah Code Ann. Section 35A-8-601 et seq.
(1) In determining whether there is sufficient revenue to the account to offer a grant program for the next fiscal year, the committee shall consider the following:
(a) the amount of account funds allocated to eligible municipalities for the current fiscal year;
(b) any changes anticipated to the amount of account funds allocated to eligible municipalities for the next fiscal year; and
(c) any other considerations identified by the committee.
(3) The Department shall announce whether there is sufficient revenue to the account to offer a grant program for the next fiscal year no later than August 31 of each year. The announcement shall be made at meetings of the committee and on the Division of Housing and Community Development website.
(4) If the committee determines there is sufficient revenue to the account to offer a grant program for the next fiscal year, the committee shall set aside time on the agenda of the committee meeting held in November of each year to allow grant eligible entities to present requests for account funds for the next fiscal year.
(1) A grant eligible entity that is approved to receive account funds under Utah Code Ann. Section 63J-1-802 shall submit an invoice of the grant eligible entity's expenses, with supporting documentation, to the Department monthly for reimbursement.
(2) Each month, the Department shall disburse the revenue in the account to reimburse a grant eligible entity that submits the information described in Subsection (1) for the amount on the invoice or contract.
grants, Homeless Shelter Cities Mitigation Restricted Account
July 23, 2018
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R990, please contact the promulgating agency (Workforce Services, Housing and Community Development). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.