The Division of Administrative Rules has scheduled rulemaking process seminars for 2004. These seminars are intended to give anyone involved in the rulemaking process the basic information needed to understand rulemaking in Utah. Anyone interested in learning more about how the process works is welcome. The seminars will be held in room 4112 of the State Office Building:
- Thursday, May 20, 2004, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon;
- Wednesday, July 21, 2004, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon; and
- Wednesday, October 20, 2004, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Where do I obtain the official rule text, and how do I prepare it for submission?
- How do I complete the rule analysis form, and other rulemaking forms?
- How do I answer the “cost or savings” related questions?
- How do I deal with the requirement for department-head review of the rule’s fiscal impact on business?
The costs or savings topic is of particular importance, and has been the subject of a number of questions fielded by the Division’s staff. Incomplete responses to the cost questions regularly cause the Division to delay the processing of administrative rules submissions. By discussing these issues, we hope to eliminate any delays, and thus ensure that you can make your rules effective on schedule.
Those wishing to attend must RSVP to Sophia Manousakis at 801-538-3764 no later than two days prior to the date of the seminar. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing auxiliary communicative aids and services for these meetings should notify Ms. Manousakis at least three working days in advance of the meeting.
— Ken Hansen