For many years, the state of Utah has had a contract (currently Contract AR-997) with LexisNexis Matthew Bender & Company, Inc. to provide integrated legal databases for state government. The Division of Administrative Rules pays for state executive branch access to this contract. In return, executive branch agencies have free access to a CD subscription or an online product that LexisNexis calls Utah Primary Law (formerly known as Utah Law on Disc).
The Utah Primary Law product includes the following legal resources:
- Utah Code Annotated, 1953,
- Utah Session Laws for 2007,
- Utah Legislative Rules,
- Utah Code Annotated Citator,
- Utah Constitutional Convention Proceedings,
- Utah Court Opinions,
- Federal Judicial Decisions (related to Utah),
- Utah Court Rules Annotated,
- Utah Administrative Code Annotated,
- Utah Tax Advisory Opinions,
- Utah Tax Commission Decisions,
- Utah Public Service Commission Decisions,
- State Records Committee Appeal Decision Summaries,
- Utah Executive Documents,
- Opinions of the Attorney General,
- Utah Law Reviews, and
- Utah State Bar Ethics Advisory Committee Opinions
State employees may access the Utah Primary Law extranet site from any computer with a state-assigned IP address by pointing their browser to http://www.michie.com/utahextranet .
Executive Branch employees needing access to the Utah Primary Law CDs may contact Ken Hansen (801-538-3777) for more information.
LexisNexis also makes a copy of the Utah Code Unannotated available free of charge to anyone. This product is available at http://www.michie.com/utah .