This week at rules, we’re looking at how to access proposed rules in the public comment period.
Front Page Focus
This week’s Front Page Focus turns to R432-270, Assisted Living Facilities. R432-270 reviews a variety of topics related to assisted living facilities, including information on staffing, licensing, and requirements for these facilities.
Joining R432-270 is R162-2f, Real Estate Licensing and Practices Rules, which has continued its climb in viewcount, and the Codification Segue.
Viewing Proposed Rules
It’s been a few weeks since we started the rollout of our AdminRules Search page. If you missed it, check out last week’s coverage of the site, which includes ways to get the most of your searches as well as links to some resources.
One of the more useful new features that we’d like to talk about this week is the ability to only display proposed rules in their public comment period. Showing only these rules allows for quicker searching of rules under specific titles or agencies and an easier way to find contact info during public comment periods.
For a refresher on the public comment period, as well as the rest of the rulemaking process, visit Utah’s Administrative Rulemaking Process Basics.
There are a few ways to view these rules in the new system:
- From the AdminRules home page, select Proposed Rules under the search bar.
- From the AdminRules search results page, select the Proposed Rules checkbox in the search box.
- From rules.utah.gov, select Quicklinks on the top navigation bar then Proposed Rules Open for Comment.
- Click here to be directly taken there.
Once there, all visible rules will be proposed rules currently in the public comment period. By clicking on the rule title, you can view the last day of the comment period, available downloads, and the rule type. Here, you’ll also find a Provide Public Comment link, which directly links to the rule contact’s email address.
Note: in order to use the Provide Public Comment link on a desktop computer, your browser must be configured to accept mailto links. The following links are outside resources that walk through the steps of configuring mailto links.
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9308783?hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-program-used-open-email-links